Writing a Personal Statement and completing a UCAS application may seem like an overwhelming task. So, to help make the process as smooth as possible we’ve put together some handy tips.
What you should research
- Entry requirements
- Social aspects
- Visiting universities on Open/Applicant Days
How can I find out the information?
- UCAS website
- University websites
- Promotional materials
- Open Days
- The Student Room/Blogs/Forums
- University league tables
Key dates for UCAS
- 26th January 2022 – entry deadline for all courses
- 25th February 2022 – UCAS Extra opens
- 4th July 2022 – UCAS Extra closes
- 5th July – Clearing opens
- 28th September 2022 – Final date for 2021 entry applications
Top five tips for a good Personal Statement
- A balance of academic and extra-curricular content
- Evidence that you’ve researched your choice(s)
- Lateral thinking – what inspires you?
- Give examples and experiences
- What do you want to get from the course?